Travelers Participation Agreement
SMART HOME MONITORING SYSTEM
This Participation Agreement (“Agreement”) contains the terms and conditions regarding your participation in the smart home sensor program described in this Agreement (the “Program”) being conducted by Loop Labs, Inc. d/b/a Notion (“Notion”).
By clicking “Unlock Offer”, you acknowledge and agree that that you have carefully read, understood, and agree to be bound by all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- Eligibility. Only eligible people are able to participate in the Program. To be eligible to participate in the Program you must (i) be a current homeowner’s insurance policyholder of The Travelers Indemnity Company or one of its affiliate s (collectively, “Travelers”)], (ii) be a resident of California, (iii) have received a promotional email directly from Travelers alerting you to the Program, and (iv) be at least 18 years old. Notion reserves the right to determine whether or not you qualify as a participant in the Program. You agree you are eligible to participate in the Program.
- Program Description. During the Program, Notion will make available up to 2,000 Notion Starter Kits consisting of 5 sensors and 1 bridge (MSRP $299) for purchase through the Notion online store for a discounted price of $50, plus applicable taxes (each, a “Starter Kit”). The Starter Kits are available on a first come, first serve basis and are limited to one Starter Kit per household. Any other offers, discounts or credits are not applicable to this offer. By participating in the Program, you agree that Notion can share data and information collected through the Starter Kit (“Sensor Data”) during the Collection Period with Travelers. The “Collection Period” means the 6 month period of time beginning from the date the Starter Kit first begins transmitting Sensor Data to Notion. Notion will not provide Travelers with any Sensor Data collected after the Collection Period. You own and get to keep the Starter Kit at the conclusion of the Collection Period. Your participation in the Program is entirely voluntary and you are under no obligation to purchase a Starter Kit or participate in the Program. If you do not agree to this Agreement, you may not participate in the Program or purchase a Starter Kit for the discounted price. You may stop using the Starter Kit at any time and are under no obligation to continue using the Starter Kit after the end of the Collection Period.
- Your Obligations. You agree to install the Starter Kit in your personal residence that is insured by Travelers, and in accordance with Notion’s standard installation instructions. You are responsible for providing the internet connection necessary for the Starter Kit to operate and for all other costs associated with your use of the Starter Kit (such as utilities, mobile data charges, and electric costs). You may not use the Starter Kit in violation of any applicable laws.
- Terms of Service. Using the Starter Kit requires you to download the Notion mobile application (“App”). To use the Starter Kit and App, you are required to agree to Notion’s Terms of Service (https://www.getnotion.com/terms/).
- Termination. The Program (including your participation in the Program) may be terminated by Notion at any time and for any reason. In addition, Notion may at any time stop accepting new participants in the Program, including prior to all 2,000 available Starter Kits being redeemed, for any reason.
- Feedback. You agree that Travelers may from time to time request your feedback on the Program, Starter Kits, and other matters related to your home and insurance. You agree that Travelers may collect such feedback through questionnaires, surveys, and other lawful means.
- Liability. You acknowledge and agree that Travelers is not responsible for the Program or the Starter Kits, and undertakes no obligation to monitor or alert you to any information collected by the Starter Kits or any feedback received as outlined in paragraph 7. TRAVELERS DOES NOT MAKE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. You agree that Travelers (including its employees, directors, agents, contractors, and affiliates) will not have any liability arising out of or in any way related to this Agreement, the Program, or the Starter Kits. Without limiting the previous sentence, Travelers (including its employees, directors, agents, contractors, and affiliates) liability for all causes of action related to this Agreement, the Program, or the Starter Kits shall not exceed $50. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL TRAVELERS BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES TO YOU FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY OR OTHER SIMILAR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, BY STATUTE, IN TORT OR CONTRACT, UNDER ANY INDEMNITY PROVISION OR OTHERWISE (EXCEPT WITH RESPECT TO INDEMNITY OBLIGATIONS FOR THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS AND LOSSES).
- General Provisions. This is a legally binding agreement between the parties. You agree that Travelers is a third party beneficiary of this Agreement and is entitled to enforce its provisions against you. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to the conflicts of laws principles thereof. This Agreement is the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the Program.